Internship Opportunity at American Folk Art Museum
Curatorial Intern—Spring/Summer 2019
The American Folk Art Museum is seeking part-time interns for Spring/Summer 2018 for its 20th & 21st Century Self-Taught Art Curatorial Department. This position is open to students enrolled in a Master or a PhD program, interested in careers in art museums. Please note that this is an unpaid internship; credit toward class may be given if applicable. Work days and hours are flexible; however, a minimum commitment of eight hours per week for at least ten weeks is required.
- Assist the curator in research for two upcoming large exhibitions
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Previous research experience
- Ability to work independently and with acute attention to detail
- Interest in self-taught artists
- Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, and TMS
- Student in art history and anthropology preferred
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume (two pages max.) to the attention of Curator Valérie Rousseau at email@example.com. Indicate “Curatorial Internship – 20th & 21st Century Self-Taught Art” in the subject line.